Validation & Testing
Code Validation and Repair Tools
- W3C HTML Validation Service
- W3C CSS Validator Service
- WDG HTML Validator
- WDG CSSCheck
- W3C Log Validator - uses the web server logs to check the most popular pages of a website for validity with regards to web standards.
- HTML Tidy - online version of the tool created by Dave Raggett at the W3C. (About HTML Tidy.)
- WaiZilla - open source project aimed at producing a cross platform website accessibility testing tool.
- Common XHTML Validation Errors explained.
- Accessibility Testing Software Compared (July 2003).
- Cynthia Says
- Bobby - Checks for Priority 1, 2 and 3 Accessibility, Browser Compatibility Errors and Download Time. Bobby is the best known and most abused accessibility checker. Like all such tools it is a tool for developers to identify possible accessibility problems. One needs some background knowledge to interpret Bobby's comments.
- WAVE Accessibility Checker 2.01
- WAVE Web Accessibility Validator (3.0 alpha)
- Accessibility Toolkit - the accessibility testing meta page.
- A-Prompt Toolkit - downloadable software that evaluates web pages for accessibility problems.
- W3C WAI: Evaluation, Repair, and Transformation Tools for Web Content Accessibility.
- WebAIM: Screen Reader Simulation
- Free Accessibility Assessment by SSB Technologies.
- Colorblind Web Page Filter - excellent tool that
"shows your existing web site through color blind eyes".
- Vicheck Color Vision Simulator - simulates how a page looks to someone with a colour deficit.
- [de] Sehbehinderungs-Simulator - demonstrates the effect of a variety of medical eye conditions on a number of pictures. Not for evaluating your website. In german.
- Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer
- Deja Vue - historic browser emulator
- Lynx Viewer
- WebTV Viewer (MSN TV)
- Deck-it previewer - WAP emulator
- W3C Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility
- Getting Started with Accessibility Assessments (July 2003).
- Criteria for Web Site Evaluation: Points to consider when performing a site critique.
- Testing & Quality Assurance (Strategies and tools for creating error-free Web documents)