Abbreviations & Acronyms
[ A ]
[ B ]
[ C ]
[ D ]
[ E ]
[ F ]
[ G ]
[ H ]
[ I ]
[ J ]
[ K ]
[ L ]
[ M ]
[ N ]
[ O ]
[ P ]
[ Q ]
[ R ]
[ S ]
[ T ]
[ U ]
[ V ]
[ W ]
[ X ]
[ Y ]
[ Z ]
- Disability Discrimination Act.
- Department of Education Northern Ireland.
- National Clearing House for Disability and Information Systems in Higher Education.
- Further Education.
- Greater Manchester Information Network Group.
- Generic Learning and Teaching Centre.
- Higher Education.
- Higher Education Funding Council Of England.
- Higher Education Funding Council for Wales.
- Higher Education Institution.
- Higher Education Statistics Agency.
- Institute for Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
- Joint Information Systems Committee.
- Local Education Authority
- Learning and Teaching Support Network.
- National Disability Team.
- National Vocational Qualifications.
- Quality Assurance Agency
- Scottish Higher Education Funding Council.
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Act.
- Staff Development Unit.
- Technology for Disabilities Information Service.
- Was: DISinHE - National Clearing House for Disability and Information Systems in Higher Education.
- Teaching and Learning Technology Programme.
- Universities and Colleges Admissions Service.
- Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale
- Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
- Addresses accessibility issues in the technology of the Web, creates guidelines for accessible web design and for the development of technologies and tools, develops evaluation and validation tools for accessibility and conducts education and research.
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- An international industry consortium responsible for developing common protocols and standards that promote the web's evolution and ensure its interoperability.